Mid Life Career change
The only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven't found it yet, keep looking. Don't settle. (Steve Jobs)
Career Change Advice Ireland. Would you like to explore new challenges and opportunities? Are you changing your lifestyle and choosing to leave work early? Maybe your work has been very satisfying up to now, but you’d like a new challenge?
Whether you’re an executive, professional, creative, or someone who never found their niche position, you don’t have to settle for less. You may already be successful financially but still not be fulfilled by your work. Maybe your deepest ambition is to make a positive difference in the world. Or maybe your present role just doesn’t give you enough money to pay the bills? A midlife career change may be just what you need.
The career change advice Ireland programme is for mid-life career clients who want to design a specific, realistic career for themselves that’s a perfect fit for everything important: their talents, personality, goals and values. We will help you to discover your unique personality, interests and skills. Working with our careers advisor, we’ll help you to design a specific career that will suit you. Our goal is to help you decide what role you would like to aim for, and then to help you find it.
We will help you to –
- Understand what inspires you and what is important to you personally and professionally
- Look at what you have achieved to date, and help you to build on that experience
- Know your skills and how useful they are
- Understand what it would be like to leave your job and start over in another career
- Take a realistic view of the obstacles, while also exploring the obstacles in your own mind
- Explore your fears, such as…Am I too old? Will I be starting at the bottom of the ladder?
- Keep your expectations realistic
- Allow time to gain extra skills
- Understand what's keeping you from enjoying professional fulfilment and satisfaction right now